28 February 2011

Seventy-six trombones...

Saturday night was Z's last performance for The Music Man.  We went for closing night - we had gone for opening night, too.  Ash actually went four times.  It was a great musical, really, but I don't know about going four times...


Z looked quite suave and debonaire in all of his costumes, and the mustache really added something special, if you ask me.  It was a lot of fun to see him all dressed up and well-groomed.  He really did a great job.  Also, as you can see, I am, in fact, the shortest of all of us kids.  I definitely got Grandma's genes, which I suppose shouldn't surprise me.  I'm named after her, after all.

The thing about seeing musicals is that the songs wind up stuck in my head for months.  I still have songs from Cinderella stuck in my head regularly.  It's ridiculous how often I catch myself humming show tunes.  So.  Ridiculous.

In less-nice news, yesterday I slipped and dislocated my knee.  It was so painful!  So I'm resting up.  When Momma asked what kind of 'comfort foods' I wanted to make myself feel better, I asked for sweet iced tea.  But apparently, such things are in pretty short supply in winter in Alaska.  So I got ice cream instead.  Gracious, am I ever ready for spring and summer.

No comments: