08 February 2011

Every morning the world is created.

In all fairness, I should really be getting dressed and ready for work right now.  But, bah!  I have other fish to fry, as they say.

I'm in the process of teaching Ashleigh and Nate to speak French, if only so I'll have someone else to speak with.  Ashleigh is actually taking it in school now, so her teacher is really impressed with her ability to count (I taught her that!), conjugate irregular verbs in the present tense (taught her that, too!) and her fairly wide vocabulary (which, I taught her).  So it's win-win.

Anyway, I'm thinking about purchasing this kit.  Ash might not use it because she hates all things 'scary', but I could definitely see Nate liking it, and it would be a nice review for me.  You can see the kit if you just simply click here.  "The Scariest Way to Learn French."  Too cute!

To buy books on my kindle, actually, I just click a few buttons on the kindle, and get the book in thirty seconds or so.  Frankly, I find that pretty handy.  It's nice not to have to wait two weeks for a book to come in the mail, and shipping to Alaska kills.  It really doesn't cost that much more to ship it here, but companies seem to think that it does, and charge you accordingly.  So that's actually the greatest reason that I enjoy my kindle.

A friend and I have been talking about a holiday centered around the color yellow.  Obviously, we would have to throw a party, too.  I'm trying to think of a creative name for it, but so far, we've just been calling it 'yellow day.'  Thoughts?  Suggestions, perhaps?  I just love the cheeriness of yellow.  We're going to have yellow balloons and flowers, yellow cakes and foods, et cetera.  And, naturally, I am going to wear yellow.  Some people can't stand themselves in yellow, and I can see that it doesn't go with some people's skin-tones or whatever.  But I think if people just find the right shade of yellow, it's fine.  You don't have to completely avoid the color!  Sheesh.

Okay, that's enough of that.

I just realized that there aren't any photos in this post, soooo...

















This is not Juneau.  This is Spain, where my dear friend is currently living.  She took this picture, but I want someone talented to paint it for me, haha.  I love how bright everything looks.
Also, Spain is next to France.  And that is also a place that I really wish I could travel to.

No comments: